Since the S5 Galaxy Lollipop update, why is my battery life so terrible?

breezyk26

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
S 5 Galaxy Lollipop Update Issues

My S5 just updated and the battery life is less than half of what I have had previously. Also, when texting it hangs up on me and I have to wait a few seconds for it to catch up to what I am typing. Anyone else having these issues with this latest update? Took into ATT store and was told that I have to wait for further updates to fix the issues, until then just deal with it. Just wondering if anyone else is having problems. One reason I loved the S5 was I could get 2 days out of the battery now I can't get through a full day.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: S 5 Galaxy Lollipop Update Issues

Have you done a factory reset? Sure, it will clear everything on your phone and you'll need to set it all up again, but this was a MAJOR operating system update and a factory reset will most likely solve ALL of these issues.

johna2u

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site

My S5 has always had amazing battery life. Until the update. Then it wouldnt even make it through a full day of minimal use. Did a factory data reset and every thing is snappy and back to normal. The battery runs for days again.

I know it is a bit of a hassle but it is well worth it. Do the reset. Just don't check the erase sdcard box.

Sent from my SM-T320

jburgoon

May 9, 2015
Visit site

Are you saying after the factory reset you will still have Lollipop and it will work fine or does it take you back to the previous android version?

Thanks!

dunes

May 6, 2015
Visit site

My mobile was updated yesterday and I see 5.0 in Settings>About. Battery level is stable after the update. I did not use the phone that much and battery went down all the way to 10% from 97%. I had restarted but did not make any difference. Any "Specific" settings I should be aware of, after update to Lollipop?