Why won't my S5- Music apps stream?

MUsince96

May 11, 2015
Visit site
S5- Music apps won't stream

I have an S5 and recently I've been having trouble with any music app I try (Pandora, Amazon Music, Spotify). Amazon and Spotify just won't work unless connected with good WiFi. Pandora will play then give me a 3002 error message, or a message saying it's run out of songs. It skips tracks by itself, or just freezes up and stops playing. I've been in contact with Pandora and tried just about every solution he offered then realized it was probably my phone since other music streaming apps don't work either. The internet and all other apps work off the Sprint network except for these.

It's pretty frustrating. Anyone else have a similar problem and find a solution?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: S5- Music apps won't stream

I have an S5 and recently I've been having trouble with any music app I try (Pandora, Amazon Music, Spotify). Amazon and Spotify just won't work unless connected with good WiFi. Pandora will play then give me a 3002 error message, or a message saying it's run out of songs. It skips tracks by itself, or just freezes up and stops playing. I've been in contact with Pandora and tried just about every solution he offered then realized it was probably my phone since other music streaming apps don't work either. The internet and all other apps work off the Sprint network except for these.

It's pretty frustrating. Anyone else have a similar problem and find a solution?
Do you have better results while connected to a WiFi network? Give that a try and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then perform a factory reset. Be sure to backup your data before hand since everything will be deleted.

MUsince96

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Do you have better results while connected to a WiFi network? Give that a try and see if it helps. If it doesn't, then perform a factory reset. Be sure to backup your data before hand since everything will be deleted.

Yes, I have no issues at all when connected to a strong WiFi source. But when not using WiFi they won't work even with a strong network connection.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I have no issues at all when connected to a strong WiFi source. But when not using WiFi they won't work even with a strong network connection.
It seems to be network related. Even though you have a strong mobile data signal something just doesn't seem right. Go into the system settings > mobile networks. There should be a setting in there that allows you to update the carrier settings. Update the "profile and prl" and see if that helps. If it doesn't, then I would suggest contacting Sprint to see if they can help troubleshoot the data problem. Maybe even send you out a new LTE data card.

Let us know how it goes.

MUsince96

May 11, 2015
Visit site

So far it looks as if updating the profile and prl has fixed the problem. Fingers crossed.

Thanks srkmagnus.

MUsince96

May 11, 2015
Visit site

Spoke too soon. It's back to doing it again. I'm going to have to contact Sprint.

I have a feeling it's Lollipop 5.0 related though, all other apps and internet work fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22