No controls during videos

Nik281

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
About a week ago my phone started having an issue with the video player. When I watch a video or movie, I lose all controls. I have to lock the screen and then unlock it real fast for the controls to pop up, but they go away within a second and I am back to no controls. I haven't really seen anybody with the same issue. I cleared the cache on the video player, force stopped it and rebooted it, the phone reboots on it's own all the time so that is taken care of. It is really annoying not even being able to change the screen brightness now.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
About a week ago my phone started having an issue with the video player. When I watch a video or movie, I lose all controls. I have to lock the screen and then unlock it real fast for the controls to pop up, but they go away within a second and I am back to no controls. I haven't really seen anybody with the same issue. I cleared the cache on the video player, force stopped it and rebooted it, the phone reboots on it's own all the time so that is taken care of. It is really annoying not even being able to change the screen brightness now.

Are you using the stock media player that comes with the device? If so, then I don't know what else you can do to fix the problem since ckearing cache is not working. Until a fix is given, you might want to consider using an altetnative from the play store.