s5 photo help

lisablair1808

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Hello I have a Samsung s5. I have all my options set so that my phone saves my pictures to an SD card, but when someone sends me a pic via text and I save it, it saves to my phone device and not the SD card. How do I get those pictures to save to the SD card as well??

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on the app you're using for texting. Most apps, however, set the default folder to internal memory. The camera options to save pictures to SD card does not affect your texting app or your browser downloads, those settings are app-dependent.

lisablair1808

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Ok. I am just using the messaging app that came with the phone. So I guess I'll see if I can see anywhere in the options to change it to SD card. If anyone has step to step instructions for the messaging app that would b helpful (little slow at figuring it out lol). Thanks for the help

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I use the stock messaging app as well and I haven't been able to find a setting that saves pics directly to the SD card. Same goes for any online photos that I save to my device.

If you want those photos on your SD card, you'll probably have to move them yourself.

Open your gallery and long press on the photo you want to move from your internal storage to your SD card.

Select any other photos you want to move.

Long press on a photo and all of your selected photos will merge together.

Drag then to an album that is already saved on your SD card.

You can also move files from internal to external memory (or vice versa) through My Files, which is a stock app on the S5.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That is correct Millerwa76, both the stock messaging app and web browser DO NOT have folder target options, so they're always going to use the internal memory and same folder for downloads.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison