How do I get rid of Flipboard on my S5 on Lollipop?

A

AC Question

How do I get rid of Flipboard on my S5 on Lollipop

I got the Lollipop update last night and my only complaint - thus far - is that *&$^%&% Flipboard has reappeared and I can't delete it,. The icon is on my Apps tray and if I grab it like I'd do with anything else there's no trashcan icon.

Dear Samsung...... I don't like bloatware, I don't want Flipboard and forcing an app that I don't want on me does not make me any more likely to use it !!

Tritonemusic

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I get rid of Flipboard on my S5 on Lollipop

I think it may depend on your carrier. I'm on Verizon, and even though I can't delete it completely from my phone, I was still able to disable the app.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I'm on the latest stock Samsung firmware, OD3, for the international model G900F.

Settings > Application Manager > All > Flipboard... disable. See screenshot...

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site

Go to your app drawer and hit the menu icon in the top right corner. Select hide/disable apps. Then click on flipboard along with any other bloatware you don't want to see.

You can't uninstall those apps, but you can at least make them go away and disable them so that they don't continue to receive updates.

Posted via the Android Central App

lemontang

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Afraid your stuck with it at stock. Like other users have said you can disable it. I'm running a S5 with this installed but disabled.
I'll likely root this phone soon anyway, doing so will allow you to get rid of it, but will void any warranty (you can unroot but thats best left to another thread).

Also upped my old rooted S2 with lollipop (resurrection remix) thankfully it was missing all of the Samsung bloatware like Flipboard (Also runs blazingly well for such an old phone).

HollywoodZombi1111

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I know this an old thread but I got rid of flip board by doing this
I have an s5

Tap and hold an empty area of your screen.
Tap on "Homescreen settings".
Uncheck "My Magazine".

Steven Hood2

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm posting just to pass along information that I've not seen anywhere yet. Flipboard can be uninstalled on your samsung. If you become a extreme problem in their comments section which was my intension. Flipboard will uninstall your app by remote. I can tell you I did this and last night the app has disappeared. Swipe left gets a blank home screen with a message at bottom "No app installed".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007