Why is my Bluetooth routing my calls through the stereo but not my media after the Lollipop update?

Justin Dean1

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth problems after Lollipop update

I've been using Bluetooth Audio Widget for a while in my 2013 Chevy Silverado work truck to stream media(podcasts, IHeart, Spotify, Audible) through the stereo. This app and widget has worked great on my HTC One and my Galaxy S5 until yesterday when I did the Lollipop software update. Now the Bluetooth will route my phone calls through the stereo but not my media :(

I've deleted all stored devices from the truck, cleared all cached bluetooth data from the phone, rebooted and paired the device as a new device...still won't route the media through the widget...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I pretty much used this app all day everyday at work as the aux input usually goes out in these trucks at 10,000 miles and even though the Bluetooth quality isn't great it gets the job done.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lollipop Update on Galaxy S5 affected Bluetooth Audio Widget

Clear cache in recovery by powering off the phone. Hold volume down+home button+power. Use volume down to highlight cache and power to accept.

Let us know if that helps.

Justin Dean1

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

holding volume down+home button+power took me to custom OS option
holding volume up+home button+power took me to recovery mode
I chose "wipe cache partition" and then reboot... however the Bluetooth widget, while it is connecting to the truck stereo is still not sending my media to the stereo.
Should I do a factory reset?

Justin Dean1

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I've installed Mono Bluetooth Router via Google Playstore and it's working great
Thanks for your help and quick reply this morning.