How many folders does Samsung Galaxy S5 use to hold pictures?

A

AC Question

How many folders does Samsung Galaxy S5 use to hold pictures

I started to transfer my pictures from my phone to my computer and realized that all of them didn't transfer, even though they show up in Gallery and Photos. When I started looking at the folder structure on my phone while I had it connected to my computer, I found pictures in other folders. Can you tell me how many different folders are used to store pictures and is there a way I can get them to save to the same place so I can transfer them more easily. The ones that seem to be in different folders are the ones I've saved from texts and emails. They're in 2 different folders. I'm worried that I'm going to miss others because I don't know where they are. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How many folders does Samsung Galaxy S5 use to hold pictures

Welcome to Android Central! Different apps may save files in different directories, depending on the app--so it depends on what apps you're using to download files. If you're connecting to a Windows PC, you could always use the Import Pictures and Videos option in Windows Explorer, but that function is too indiscriminate, and imports every single image (including cached image files used by the browser and other apps, as well as thumbnails).

Since the save directory for certain apps may be hard-coded into the app, you may not be able to modify the save location for everything.

Simon Parker1

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Another totally rubbish feature of the Galaxy S5. I took some pictures of the g/f. Two minutes apart. One turned up in one folder called camera, the other in a completely separate folder also helpfully called camera.
1100 pictures are in Picasa, but these bear no relation to the pictures on Picasa (almost as vile a thing to use as the S5 itself) on my laptop. Now any photos I take turn up in a new bloody file Dropbox, another thing I never asked for and have no idea why I am lumbered with it.

All I want to do is get all my photos in a a folder called photos, arrange them by date and scroll though to find them when I want to. Like I was able to do for years on end.

Who are the people that are paid to overload our equipment with crap we neither want nor need?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech