Why is my phone saying that the sd card has been removed?

bradzz27

May 22, 2015
Visit site
sd crad problem

hi guys. this is my first post here. can you help me with my sd card problem. I have a toshiba 32gb sd card on my samsung galaxy s5. One day when i woke up may 22 2015 at the morning, i saw this message. Sd card removed, please insert a new one. I tryied to remove the sd card hoping that its just a bug or something, but when i insert it back again it shows nothing, not even a sd card damaged or sd card error. I tryied to insert it on other phones but it really shows nothing. No traces of sd card on file manager and settings. Please help. I just want my files back, please help me. WHat should i do. My memory card is just 1 and a half year old. I wouldnt be this despirate if ther's a message poping up everythime i insert it but it shows nothing. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: sd crad problem

Welcome to Android Central! SD cards unfortunately can fail, and they can do so unexpectedly. Insert the card into your computer--does the computer detect it? If not, it's most likely dead. Any data on there is probably irretrievable, since data recovery programs still need the computer to be able to detect the card. If the data is extremely valuable, you may have to look into an actual data recovery service (which can cost hundreds of dollars).

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Get your data out of that card using that computer that shows the card for safety.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

Get your data out of that card using that computer that shows the card for safety.

Oops didn't realize the computer could not read it.

bradzz27

May 22, 2015
Visit site

Is there a way to restor files in a dead sd card?? I realy need my images and videos back. Its from 5 years ago and i dont have any copy of my files.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Is there a way to restor files in a dead sd card?? I realy need my images and videos back. Its from 5 years ago and i dont have any copy of my files.

You said it shows up in your printer, I'd find a way to get the files transferred onto a computer from that printer. Sometimes it helps to try on different OS computers, Windows, OSX, Linux, (maybe even Chromebook). The next time you convince it to show up on the printer, connect it with USB to a computer and start transferring. Good luck! Also, try different card readers and micro SD to SD adapters...maybe try putting it in a camera if nothing else works?

Good luck! This is reminding me that I need to get a new sd card myself, as mine is ancient.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21