Anyone lost task manager functionality?

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I noticed the the other day that the left button on my s5 has stopped working and no longer pulls up the open applications. This means I can no longer clear them out or toggle from one app to the other? Any idea what is causing this? Im using Next Launcher.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the the other day that the left button on my s5 has stopped working and no longer pulls up the open applications. This means I can no longer clear them out or toggle from one app to the other? Any idea what is causing this? Im using Next Launcher.
Did this start happening after installing Next Launcher? If so, it's because the feature is supported with the stock launcher only. Next may have a similar feature; however, using it as is may not be possibly while using Next.

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Yeah it always worked with Next Launcher but all of a sudden it just stopped a few days ago. I installed a task killer app but it's def not as easy to toggle between the various open apps like before. So now my left button is useless.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) The apps in the list aren't running - they're the ones that have recently been running (and may or not still be running) - which makes it easier to switch back and forth.

2. NEVER use a task killer in Android unless you've at least gone through the source code of Android. Windows likes as much free RAM as possible, Android likes as little free RAM as possible. You kill a task (not by removing it from the list, that just removes it from the list - it's still in RAM) that the Android memory manager thinks should stay in RAM and Android reloads it. Your task killer kills it. Android reloads it. Etc. That slows th phone down and kills the battery.

3. Try a different launcher. If that works, it's a bug in Next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair