Why doesn't my S5 turn off when I get a notification on lock screen?

bellam1

May 24, 2015
Visit site
why doesnt my s5 turn off when I get a notification on lock screen

Why doesnt my s5 turn off when I get a notification or when I check the time On lock screen. This been happening for the past days. I had about 55% of battery and when I got off work it was dead. I then later charged my phone and noticed that when I get a notification on the lock screen it won't turn off right after the notification showed. when I turn on the phone to check the time on the lock screen it doesn't turn off. it would usually turn off seconds later. This has been draining my battery. if I have a full battery at night and disconnect it and throughout the night I get a text message the lock screen would turn on and never turn off,and then in the morning I'm left with a dead phone or a 3% left, or when I disconnect the phone it doesn't turn of neither. How do I set it back to how it was. I already factory reset?

Last edited:

wag18

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I have been having this same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S5 on Lollipop. It's been driving me crazy because it just kills my battery unless I see it and turn off the screen. This is plain horrible design. Tonight, I watched the phone in lock mode/screen off, turn on, notify me that my battery was getting low, and then leave the screen on indefinitely. How is that good design?

How do I configure the phone to show the alert, but then turn the screen off soon after? I shouldn't have to disable all alerting altogether just because the lock screen can't automatically go back to the... uh... LOCK SCREEN. Geez. Actually, I think it'd be best if I had an option to not turn the screen on at all and just blink the indicator light instead (which is what that light is for, not the screen...).

Thanks to anyone that has an answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam