My Samsung Galaxy S5 Acting Really Weird???

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Two days ago, i was charging my phone, everything was fine and normal. But then
it stop charging, I change cords, Changed adapters to no avil. Then i plugged it into the wall again, but it still wasn't charging so i uplugged it and my phone went crazy, Saying it was charing, then it wasn't then it was then is wasn't then it was. Mind you my phone isn't plug to no power source it just. When i charge my phone when it's off, my phone vibrate and have a thin white light pop up when it vibrate, like it's about to turn on but it don't. sometime it comes on and charge but if i move the cord it will stop. and when the phones is on it charge sometimes but again i have to work with it and move the cord around. So my phone charge but only when it wants to which not to offten. I haven't dropped my phone, no water damage no nothing. The only thing is thought i cut my phone off that night and when i woke up it was on.

P.S I am running android version 4.4.2, my phone fail to do the update. if this mean anything.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Two days ago, i was charging my phone, everything was fine and normal. But then
it stop charging, I change cords, Changed adapters to no avil. Then i plugged it into the wall again, but it still wasn't charging so i uplugged it and my phone went crazy, Saying it was charing, then it wasn't then it was then is wasn't then it was. Mind you my phone isn't plug to no power source it just. When i charge my phone when it's off, my phone vibrate and have a thin white light pop up when it vibrate, like it's about to turn on but it don't. sometime it comes on and charge but if i move the cord it will stop. and when the phones is on it charge sometimes but again i have to work with it and move the cord around. So my phone charge but only when it wants to which not to offten. I haven't dropped my phone, no water damage no nothing. The only thing is thought i cut my phone off that night and when i woke up it was on.

P.S I am running android version 4.4.2, my phone fail to do the update. if this mean anything.

Which model of Galaxy S5 do you have and what are your exact Version details, as per #1.2 and #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phone says it's charging when no charger is plugged in, 99% of the time it's dirt in the charging port. Use a strong light, a good magnifying glass and a pointed wooden toothpick. You'll see metal contacts on one side of the bar running through the middle of the charging port. Dip the toothpick in rubbing alcohol and gently run the point down the line between each pair of contacts (an ounce or two of pressure or you'll break the bar and have to get the port replaced). Dip it into the alcohol after each run. (Sometimes, microscopic metallic particles get in there from the rubbing of the plug against the contacts - the toothpick and the alcohol either roll or float them out.)

Blow the port dry (a few breaths should do it) and turn the phone on. If it's still saying that it's charging, you'll have to bring the phone to a repair shop. The port assembly isn't expensive (you can get one on eBay for about $7), but I wouldn't recommend opening the phone up yourself. By the time you paid to replace everything you broke, it would have been a lot cheaper to pay a shop to replace the port.

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Well it don't its charging for long, maybe half a second the it cuts off. My ohine charge but i have to mess with the cord or leave it on. other wise it don't charge. SO my phone charge but only sometimes. enough to were my phone never goes dead but it don't charge one command.

I already clean the charging port, and when i did one of my charging contacts( The main one) Split apart. Not broken but it kinda came apart. It still charge but again not on command.