Bought a black S5 at bestbuy, new device? accessory color?

bbtoandroid

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I bought a black S5 yesterday at Bestbuy store. I asked the rep specifically for a Black phone. The rep brought out a box and while I was looking at protective covers, opened the box, took out the phone and battery and started it.

So, now I am getting a bit uneasy whether the phone I was given a brand new one that came in a sealed box or not as she without asking anything or showing me the sealed box began to set things up.

I sort of feel foolish that I didn't carefully navigate things with the rep as i was buying the new box and when she may have unsealed it as i didn't notice any of that step.

Also, I opened the bag today since I bought it and saw that the phone is black but the accessories (travel charger, headphone, usb) are white. There only one charger with the package, "travel charger".
I wasn't expecting different colored accessories and would want them to be black.

So, I wanted to know:
To calm my nerves, is there any way I can confirm that i was given a legit new device?
Is the accessory color normal or can I return the phone to get one with all black accessories?

nessenj

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Not all phones come in sealed packaging. In fact, Apple is the only brand I know of that comes in a sealed shrink wrap package.

It's normal for the accessories not to match the color of the phone. I have a black phone, however my charger and headphones are all white.

So, rest assured, the phone you got was brand new (I don't even think Best Buy deals with refurbished phones)

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I'm guessing New also. The accessories will be white on an S5 of any color.
Usually it's just too little tamper stickers at the bottom of the box that lets you know its been opened before, sounds like she probably slit them while you were looking away as she opened the box.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought a black S5 yesterday at Bestbuy store. I asked the rep specifically for a Black phone. The rep brought out a box and while I was looking at protective covers, opened the box, took out the phone and battery and started it.

So, now I am getting a bit uneasy whether the phone I was given a brand new one that came in a sealed box or not as she without asking anything or showing me the sealed box began to set things up.

I sort of feel foolish that I didn't carefully navigate things with the rep as i was buying the new box and when she may have unsealed it as i didn't notice any of that step.

Also, I opened the bag today since I bought it and saw that the phone is black but the accessories (travel charger, headphone, usb) are white. There only one charger with the package, "travel charger".
I wasn't expecting different colored accessories and would want them to be black.

So, I wanted to know:
To calm my nerves, is there any way I can confirm that i was given a legit new device?
Is the accessory color normal or can I return the phone to get one with all black accessories?

Best Buy can't even sell a device that has been sold before.

If you are concerned, call you carrier, ask them who has activated your phone before. They have the records.

I've bought several phones from Best Buy. If you buy one and return it with no issues during the 14 day time, they can't resell, it goes to the carrier as a warranty phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Also white accessories with the phone in the box are the norm. Same for my gold one and I watched them remove it from the box.

I tried to get a black charger from Samsung for my Note 3, cat chews white cords only, they don't even sell them. It is all white chargers now.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Yes going on my 2nd brand new s5 black wife has a white one accessories are always white and u can bank on best buy

Posted via the Android Central App

andersh

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I got white accessories with my blue Samsung S5.

I doubt a sales rep at a large store would have any interest in trying to palm off a used device as new. There'd be nothing in it for them.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
You got a new device, don't worry :) and like the others have mentioned, the accessories that come with are white.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7