As of today, to Lollipop or not?? TMobile

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I swore I was going to stay at the 4.4.2. I was at but Tmobile noticed me about the latest update... 939mb

So has it fixed all the bugs and battery drain or delete the download and stay where I am???

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
At&t lollipop i love it smooth as butter and neat. Just wish i knew how to route it but its kool on 5.0

Posted via the Android Central App

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I would upgrade if I were you. I'm on T-Mobile with the S5 and it came with Lollipop right out of box for me. I like it way better than Kit Kat. Much smoother.

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
THNX for the input guys... Actually, I went ahead and ran the upgrade.

I have NOTHING negative to report so far and also so far it actually seems like nothing has even changed accept the "WHITE" color in settings instead of the black I was used to. Heck, I don't even see any NEW features anywhere... but my build is 5.0

Obviously I will report anything negative I see for the sake of TMobile users.

Note my time stamp in the OP is when I got the TMobile upgrade.

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
STAY MAN ... unless you want headache ..

I LOVE MY 4.4.2 ....SO SNAPPY ...SO FOR NOW , I HAVE NOT GOT UPGRADE OFFER YET ...S5 ATT .

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I know ..why take a change when nothing wrong with 4.4.2 ..?

Posters have been saying the same thing since the days of Cupcake, Android 1.5, and Donut, Android 1.6.

Wild horses would not drag me back to KitKat after the OC7, OD3 and, now, the OE3 versions of Lollipop on the worldwide, G900F, model.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Plus, if you have issues with your phone, one of the first things tech support will tell you to do is update.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 have memory leaks, so depending on exactly what you do with your phone, you might end up rebooting more than once a day.

5.1 fixed the memory leak, 5.1.1 made a few more small fixes.

Battery life? I easily get more than a day on a charge on 4.4.2. Of course I don't use any "battery saver" apps (except Greenify). I've tested a few of them - they kill the battery life.

Want to double your battery life? If you're running any Cheetah Mobile apps, uninstall them. Wolfpack Dev (Clean Droid) is another one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34