Why does my phone key pad come up every time I unlock the screen on my Galaxy S5?

A

AC Question

phone key pad comes up every time I unlock the screen on my Galaxy S5

this is very annoying as i have to close the key pad every time i want to proceed to do anything else. repeated search of settings has been unsuccessful.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: phone key pad comes up every time I unlock the screen on my Galaxy S5

Welcome to Android Central! Are you swiping from left to right to unlock your screen? If so, that usually unlocks directly to the phone. Swiping from right to left unlocks to the camera. To unlock to the homescreen, swipe up.

Wendy Smith3

May 26, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for this response! I had no idea. That's what happens when you upgrade and don't review the manual for your new phone. Lesson learned.

Brian Madrid

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you swiping from left to right to unlock your screen? If so, that usually unlocks directly to the phone. Swiping from right to left unlocks to the camera. To unlock to the homescreen, swipe up.

Great that was very helpful!! I was swiping the wrong way

Last edited by a moderator:

ejan33

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Dang! Me, too! Searched several websites offering Samsung Galaxy S7 tips and tricks to no avail. Finally found the answer here. Many thanks, B. Diddy! :D

AboveTheChippy

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
It's fixed! Thank you so much! This is the first time since I had a Nokia 3210 that I have a top spec new phone, and the way I was swiping was causing phone keypad showing every time I have looked at my phone. It was beyond annoying. I just swiped up instead of diagonal (left to right, habit from old budget phone) and it's fixed, forever. Thank you, you, for answering, thank you whoever had the same question and thank you google. Now does anybody know why hotmail/outlook gives me so much spam in inbox, I have hardcore settings turned on now, however I have to check junk for ebay messages!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrr. Fix one problem cause ten more!!!!

DebbieDooRight

Jun 1, 2017
Visit site
I don't get a chance to swipe. As soon as I put in my unlock code and click ok the dialed screen automatically pops up. That is how its always worked it just defaulted to my home screen not the phone keypad. Losing sleep over this

Last edited:

KitKat692

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
I don't get a chance to swipe. As soon as I put in my unlock code and click ok the dialed screen automatically pops up. That is how its always worked it just defaulted to my home screen not the phone keypad. Losing sleep over this

Hi, I just figured it out as I was having the same problem. You need to turnoff the phone app shortcut on your phone.
Go to: Lock Screen and Security
Info and Apps shortcuts
App Shortcuts
Turn off left shortcut
Hope this helps.
Kat

Lg_Santo

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site

Muchas gracias, muy simple pero no tenia idea de eso, ya estaba muy molesto cada vez que desbloqueaba el telefono.
Thanks a lot, very simple and I did not have any idea about that, I was already very upset every time I unlocked the phone

Jil89

Aug 5, 2017
Visit site

My problem is the keyboard comes up when I go to use the phone. The only way to get rid of it is to take the battery out or have someone call me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm