My S5 is not recognized in Kies with error firmware upgrade encountered an issue.. How can I fix this?

Drtoiletface

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
S5 not recognized in kies with error "firmware upgrade encountered an issue..."

I was recently trying to root my galaxy s5 (At&T, G900A) on android lollipop and so first I wanted to downgrade to kitkat for root and decided to do so with odin. I followed some instructions online and when I tried to follow the instructions it kept failing in Odin; so I've decided not to go through with the root and wanted to get back to stock lollipop, but when I restart the phone I get the error message "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again." But when I plug my s5 in and open kies it always gives me the message "this device isn't supported by kies" and I have the newest version (Kies 3). Any help with getting my s5 back to stock would be very helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5 not recognized in kies with error "firmware upgrade encountered an issue..."

I was recently trying to root my galaxy s5 (At&T, G900A) on android lollipop and so first I wanted to downgrade to kitkat for root
You don't root the phone, you root the ROM, so rooting KitKat wouldn't give you root on Lollipop unless you updated with a rooted update.

I followed some instructions online and when I tried to follow the instructions it kept failing in Odin
The eFuse for the major version was blown to 5, so you can't flash a 4.x ROM any more.

Any help with getting my s5 back to stock would be very helpful. Thanks.
Bring it to Best Buy. Go to the cellphone are. Look for the Samsung rep. (S/he will be wearing a light blue polo shirt with the Samsung logo.) Tell him/her that the phone updated and now it won't work, and Kies says it's not supported to do the update in Kies. They have tools that can fix it.

suprhuman

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: S5 not recognized in kies with error "firmware upgrade encountered an issue..."

No, I work for Samsung and we do not always have the tools to fix issues like this. Stop telling people to go there with such expectations. It just makes people angrier when they find out you lied to them and we fail to meet their needs. I have ran into this problem numerous times and more than most times, the phone had to be sent back to Samsung HQ.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae