[Help] My OWN number is calling me - galaxy s5

Lucas Pinaffi

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
hello guys how are you??

first of all, im from Brazil, so sorry for any mistakes on english :D

well im having some troubles on my samsung galaxy s5... when some people calls me (like my mom and dad, for example), it shows my own number calling me....i guess it started to happen after a while, when i rooted the phone (but not instantly).
This happens especially when people calls me from a mobile phone

I tried to update to 5.0 rom android, but still the same problem...i even did a factory reset and also it shows my own number calling, when my mom calls me and other people.

Does anyone knows how to fix this problem????

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you using any of the following:

Google Voice
A forwarding service
A VPN

Is this cellular or wifi calling?

Lucas Pinaffi

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
cellular call.

How do i see if im using those services?
I guess im not using none of them, since i dont know how and what do they do. It simply started this bug

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're probably not, if you don't know about them - you'd have had to set them up.

I don't know how it's done in Brasil, but if your carrier has a store, bring the phone there and explain the problem. It's possible that it's something messed up on their end (so they're sending your number as the caller ID).

BTW, your English is FAR superior to my Portuguese (which is so bad that "non-existant" would be better) , so don't apologize (I know a single pronunciation difference between Portuguese and English - and that's my entire knowledge of your language). I count a total of 2 errors (one of them twice) in everything you posted, and I had to look for them - I understood you perfectly (and Assassin Droid probably did too) the first time I read your posts. I've seen kids born in the US write MUCH worse English.

Lucas Pinaffi

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
oh thanks man hehe :D ! i prefer to apologize first for any kind of erros i do.

So thats what im going to do... im gonna take my phone to my carrier and see if i can fix the problem.

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol