Better battery life with location on?

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
My experience seems strange and non-explainable, but my battery life seems more than a bit better when I actually have location turned on in power saving mode (vs. when location is turned off completely) Makes no sense to me. Could some app(s) looking for location information be polling for a location too often when it is turned off since it can't get the location? That's the only possible thing I can think of, but don't know if that's likely or not. Strange in my opinion that my phone behaves this way. Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App - Verizon S5

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My experience seems strange and non-explainable, but my battery life seems more than a bit better when I actually have location turned on in power saving mode (vs. when location is turned off completely) Makes no sense to me. Could some app(s) looking for location information be polling for a location too often when it is turned off since it can't get the location? That's the only possible thing I can think of, but don't know if that's likely or not. Strange in my opinion that my phone behaves this way. Thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App - Verizon S5

If you have a location based app, I think them looking for location and causing a drain when it is off, is a legit idea. I have a few apps that are completely location based and I can can set the time they will poll for location in a certain period of time. I think if I turned off location, they would keep polling and polling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC