Galaxy S5 trouble after factory reset. Please help.

Freshmonkey123

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I've been having some trouble with my phone being a bit glitchy and slow, so last night I got the bright idea to do a factory reset. I looked online and did everything that people recommended to back up my settings and contacts and photos. Now that I've wiped the phone and it's back up and running, none of my settings or contacts that were synced with Google have come back. When I look at the sync screen, it says that the phone is synced in some spots and "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." in other places. I got the same error message last night also so I don't think it's a problem on Google's end. All of the apps that I had previously have automatically downloaded but I'm much less concerned with those than settings and contacts. I am new to android and I'm kind of at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Android 5.0 on a Galaxy S5 from AT&T. If more info is needed I'll be glad to provide it.

ashamoun

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been having some trouble with my phone being a bit glitchy and slow, so last night I got the bright idea to do a factory reset. I looked online and did everything that people recommended to back up my settings and contacts and photos. Now that I've wiped the phone and it's back up and running, none of my settings or contacts that were synced with Google have come back. When I look at the sync screen, it says that the phone is synced in some spots and "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." in other places. I got the same error message last night also so I don't think it's a problem on Google's end. All of the apps that I had previously have automatically downloaded but I'm much less concerned with those than settings and contacts. I am new to android and I'm kind of at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm running Android 5.0 on a Galaxy S5 from AT&T. If more info is needed I'll be glad to provide it.

I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago. I removed the Google account I was trying to sync, then did a simple reboot of the phone and then added it again and everything synced correctly. For me, everything on my Google account was syncing except Gmail and my calendar. Removing and re-adding the account seemed to clear whatever the issue was.

Freshmonkey123

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for responding so quickly. I tried removing the account and rebooting and reinstalling. No luck. If I ever get my stuff to sync should I be expecting my apps and everything to go back exactly as it was or does it not work that way? I guess I'm wondering if it works similar to icloud or if I'll still have to mess with things to get them right.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta