how to fix error ''check battery cover'' on s5 after update of lollipop

malikfaheem1

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
how to fix error ''check battery cover'' on s5 after update of lollipop. This option spear after every 5 minutes. Plz help to solve this issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
how to fix error ''check battery cover'' on s5 after update of lollipop. This option spear after every 5 minutes. Plz help to solve this issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Have you done a reset?

Are you sure this is an error? Is the charging port cover intact as it should be? Are you sure the back of on well, down on all areas? The only time I got that after a reboot was when my back wasn't on well, but seemed like it was.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Try wiping the cache partition, if that doesn't work a full factory reset may be in order.

The only time I see that message is when I boot my phone up, most likely because it "could" have been because I had the battery out of it.
I see the message to close my charging port every time I unplug it, though. That's by design to ensure that your phone is sealed tight.

And as stated above, be sure to FIRMLY press on all corners, and even down the sides. You might possibly NOT have a good seal. Also try taking the back off completely and putting it back on ensuring that you press firmly all the way around it.

Aron Pinto

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe that more S5 users aren't experiencing this. It is so obnoxious; ever since I upgraded to Lollipop my S5 pops up a "check battery cover" message every few seconds. It is very tedious and I have no idea how to fix it.

Aron Pinto

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Before update I also would get message to make sure charging cover was shut, that wasn't as bothersome and I just ignored it.

What is happening after Lollipop is that regardless if it is charging or not, it is constantly asking to check if battery cover (back cover) is on. It seems to not detect that the cover is on and I have tried with 2 different Samsung OEM cases.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Before update I also would get message to make sure charging cover was shut, that wasn't as bothersome and I just ignored it.

What is happening after Lollipop is that regardless if it is charging or not, it is constantly asking to check if battery cover (back cover) is on. It seems to not detect that the cover is on and I have tried with 2 different Samsung OEM cases.

This could be a physical problem. Have you talked to Samsung? I never had the issue with my S5.

Also have you done a reset?

Aron Pinto

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I took it to my carrier who thought it might be the cover, changed the cover same issue. Curious part is that it only happened after ugprading to Lollipop...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I took it to my carrier who thought it might be the cover, changed the cover same issue. Curious part is that it only happened after ugprading to Lollipop...

The carrier knows little to nothing about the phones.

Samsung is who you need to contact. It could be a software issue or a physical issue.

If a reset doesn't fix it, Samsung will remove the OS not reflash it, then put the OS back on. That fixes numerous things that a reflash or reset will not fix. They will also check everything else.

I had a Note 2 that wouldn't take the unlock code. I sent it to Samsung, they removed the OS put it back on and the unlock code worked fine. Only Samsung can remove the OS.

Aron Pinto

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
So I call Samsung directly and mail it to them? The phone is still under warranty but I will be phone-less while they figure out the reason for this issue. That is why I was hoping it would get fixed with a future S/W release instead of having to mail out...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I call Samsung directly and mail it to them? The phone is still under warranty but I will be phone-less while they figure out the reason for this issue. That is why I was hoping it would get fixed with a future S/W release instead of having to mail out...

Yeah you call them and they send you a shipping label. You are without your phone for 7-10 days, so a basic phone or an old extra is good. Most carriers don't do loaners, but some do. If you are having an issue you can't get resolved, it is a good thing to do. Sometimes you can get it expedited and get them to ship it back overnight instead of 2 day. You can pay to have it shipped to them over night and back overnight which can help.

The good thing, they will check everything on your phone, not just this issue and if there is another problem, get it fixed too.

SalesXpert

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
This is March 2016 and I can't believe this issue is still around after several years. I have only had the S5 Neo for 2 days and these random back cover warnings are popping up intermittently not just on reboot. I hate the smug people who say you should root your phone or that you can't blame Samsung for encouraging users to look after their phones. The issue has completely soured my customer experience and I will be tweeting about it after Easter. It shows that Samsung doesn't listen to its customers.

H-H Nygaard

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
This is March 2016 and I can't believe this issue is still around after several years. I have only had the S5 Neo for 2 days and these random back cover warnings are popping up intermittently not just on reboot. I hate the smug people who say you should root your phone or that you can't blame Samsung for encouraging users to look after their phones. The issue has completely soured my customer experience and I will be tweeting about it after Easter. It shows that Samsung doesn't listen to its customers.

H-H Nygaard

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
S5: After update to Android 6.0.1:

Annoyingly sluggish operation & constantly repeated messages to check battery cover 😨

Cleaned tiny contacts on phone & cover with contact spray - exercised spring loaded contacts with tooth pick.

All is well - so far (2 days) 😀