Why aren't my contacts displaying?

A

AC Question

Contacts Will Not Display

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, and this issue has never happened before. I already tried the "wipe cache partition" trick and it didn't seem to help. Anyway, I went into my messages (the default on the S5) to send a message to someone and noticed that instead of displaying the person's name and picture, it just had their phone number. I thought that was really strange, so I went into my contacts to see what was up...only, the phone won't display any contacts. It just says "updating contacts" with an endless loading icon. Like I said, I tried the "wipe cache partition" and it did nothing. I also went into the contact settings and selected "import/export contacts" tried both "import from device storage" and "import from SD card" and when I selected those it gave me the message "no vCard files have been found in your device storage". I'm not sure what is going on, this is very frustrating. The phone is connected to the wifi, and there are no connection problems at the moment, so I don't think that's the issue. At this point, my phone has been sitting on the "updating contact list" screen for about 10 minutes and nothing has happened.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Contacts Will Not Display

Welcome to Android Central! It's important to know where the contacts were saved to in the first place. Were they all associated with your Google account? If so, then they should be synced automatically with Google Contacts on the web--go to that webpage on your computer and see if all of contacts are there. Or were they only saved locally to the Phone account?

Dominic Gomes

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
Yup, i am also having the same issue where it shows no vcard has been found. I have checked my contacts in Outlook.com as well as Hotmail.com and all of them are there. Just trying to reach for some solutions.

Cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL