How can I connect two Galaxy S5's to the same Wi-Fi router?

A

AC Question

Connecting two Galaxy S5 to the same Wi-Fi router

I have a Galaxy S5 which never had an issue connecting to my home Belkin n600 Play Wi-Fi router until my wife swapped from an iPhone to a Galaxy S5 too. Now only one of our S5 phones will connect to the Wi-Fi router at once, the other phone gets to 'obtaining ip address' but won't connect.

If you turn my phone off my wifes will connect and if you turn hers off my phone will connect but never both at the same time. When I hand an S5 and she had an iPhone both would connect at the same time.

This is a real pain as you think you're on Wi-Fi but you're unwittingly burning through your data allowance!

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Connecting two Galaxy S5 to the same Wi-Fi router

That's a weird issue, did you try forgetting the network on both phones and reconnect it? Also, you may want to reset the router, or at least, reboot

Posted via the Android Central App

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Yea definitely try rebooting your router. Anytime I have wifi issues, that pretty much corrects 99% of my problems, hah.

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site

The wife and I both have S5s with a Netgear router and have had no problems connecting at the same time.

kaicho

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Check your router for the range of IP addresses that can connect..ie have enough IP addy to connect all your devices.

Old rocker on Tapatalk