Pixelating while screen mirroring with Roku 3, how can i fix it?

tecmo sb guy

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Pixelating while Screen Mirroring with Roku 3

Hi. Newbie here. So I got an android relatively recently. It's a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T.

I asked this on the Roku forums first with no response so I thought I'd give it a shot here.

I've been having a problem screen mirroring. I can connect pretty easily but almost every time I do I see a lot of pixelating. Like, if I open up the Facebook app and screen mirror, it pixelates a lot. I can definitely see this with pictures. And videos are definitely unviewable for me.

How can I fix this? Is there a setting I should adjust on my TV, Roku 3, or Android that needs to be changed? Any other ideas?

Last edited:

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Pixelating while Screen Mirroring with Roku 3

Hi. Newbie here. So I got an android relatively recently. It's a Samsung Galaxy S5 from AT&T.

I asked this on the Roku forums first with no response so I thought I'd give it a shot here.

I've been having a problem screen mirroring. I can connect pretty easily but almost every time I do I see a lot of pixelating. Like, if I open up the Facebook app and screen mirror, it pixelates a lot. I can definitely see this with pictures. And videos are definitely unviewable for me.

How can I fix this? Is there a setting I should adjust on my TV, Roku 3, or Android that needs to be changed? Any other ideas?

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be your network connection, try restarting your router to see if that fixes it.

bbusmc

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my roku 3 and my Samsung galaxy grand prime when using screen share. It took me a year to just accidentally figure this out. Go to Google's app store and download a free Screen Filter from developer haxor industry. Then manually dim your phone screen as far as it will go, open up the app and set the screen filter at about 40-50%. The app allows you to dim the screen on your device even further. I'm no expert..but it worked on my phone and now there's no pixelation at all and the image on the tv is still just as bright with a different black level setting. Also my phone would get really hot when screen sharing to the roku. This totally fixed the heat issue as well. Hope this helps anyone with this problem!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech