My S5 doesn't have as many features as others?

toekneewolf

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I bought my galaxy s5 three months back and i was happy with it. Until the time i tried to delete contacts off of my phone. I looked for a delete function on the phone, but failed to find any. I looked online and many video tutorials had a function to delete contacts in the app, but i couldn't find any. Their layout looked like this: PicadillyCircus_PicadillyCircus_how_to_create_delete_edit_and_manage_contacts_on_Samsung_Galaxy_.png While mine looked like this: Screenshot_2015-06-16-18-25-00.png That wasn't my only problem. I realized that my s5 version was in kitkat 4.4.2 and lollipop was already out. I tried to update my system, but it said my system was up to date. I tried kies to update, but kies wouldn't detect my system. There were many other problems, like missing some of the settings and functions that a s5 should normally have, not being able to change my lockscreen without an app, and so on. I really want to solve this, thanks.

Model number: SM-G900
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband: G900ZCUBMI3
Kernel version: 3.4.0-1590669
Build number: KOT49H.G900DKEU1ANCC
Custom build version: KOT49H0107

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I bought my galaxy s5 three months back and i was happy with it. Until the time i tried to delete contacts off of my phone. I looked for a delete function on the phone, but failed to find any. I looked online and many video tutorials had a function to delete contacts in the app, but i couldn't find any. Their layout looked like this: View attachment 182154 While mine looked like this: View attachment 182157 That wasn't my only problem. I realized that my s5 version was in kitkat 4.4.2 and lollipop was already out. I tried to update my system, but it said my system was up to date. I tried kies to update, but kies wouldn't detect my system. There were many other problems, like missing some of the settings and functions that a s5 should normally have, not being able to change my lockscreen without an app, and so on. I really want to solve this, thanks.

Model number: SM-G900
Android version: 4.4.2
Baseband: G900ZCUBMI3
Kernel version: 3.4.0-1590669
Build number: KOT49H.G900DKEU1ANCC
Custom build version: KOT49H0107

Hello and welcome to Android Central toekneewolf!

Could you provede your exact, "Version", details as per #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
When i hold the volume button, the power button, and the home button it goes into chinese, so i can't see it.

It is as I feared!

The answer to your thread title, "My S5 doesn't have as many features as others?", is because you have a clone/fake phone as per #1.5 of Galaxy S5, Fake Clone or Genuine - Dummies Guide

There are a lot of clues in your previous posts but I needed to be sure.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm ... have you tried tabbing over the contacts page? The images you provided indicate you're viewing your call log.

Posted via the Android Central App

MiMiSo100

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I recently rec'd a bogus S5. It works with my sim card so it wasn't a TOTAL loss, just disappointing. I may just give it to my daughter. My question is regarding a factory reset. When I reset the phone, the boot animation is no longer the galaxy S5. It said mediatek or something with the android guy, then android glows in the background on the next screen. Is there any way I can restore the S5 animation?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800