Interested to buy S5 but noticed yellow tint on display model in O2 stores in UK, is this common?

gabrio

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Interested to buy S5 but noticed yellow tint on display model in o2 stores in UK

hi there,

i am thinking to get an S5 from O2 here in UK, mainly because it's a good spec phone and the price at the moment is quite good, since the s6 has been released.

having said that, i have seen 2 display models (which are most likely on 24/7) in 2 different o2 stores in London and they both have a very obvious yellowish tint on the upper 3rd of the screen when you open a blank page, such as google's homepage. One of the advisors said that it's most likely because they are on 24/7 which could be, BUT by doing a quick google search it seems other people had that issue.

I checked some other phones they have in stores, even something more lower spec and they have a nice snowy white. i tried to fiddle around with settings but the yellow tint didnt go away.

so i just wanted to ask, is this a very common issue? is it going to appears after XX hours of display time? or those display models are most likely old and if i buy a new device this is no longer an issue?

many thanks,
Gabrio

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Interested to buy S5 but noticed yellow tint on display model in o2 stores in UK

leaving Samsung's AMOLED displays on 24 7 would cause that, I wouldn't be concerned in day to day use.

scipper77

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: Interested to buy S5 but noticed yellow tint on display model in o2 stores in UK

The S5 display is one of the best displays you can get on a phone. Just be aware that color reproduction is tuned to be aesthetically pleasing and not to be accurate.

The yellow tint is certainly not normal. I have a couple of hours of screen on time every day for the last year and there is no Yellow tint issue on mine. (US Verizon version)

gabrio

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

leaving Samsung's AMOLED displays on 24 7 would cause that, I wouldn't be concerned in day to day use.

cheers, that's what I thought since those were all display models and most likely, also old

gabrio

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

The S5 display is one of the best displays you can get on a phone. Just be aware that color reproduction is tuned to be aesthetically pleasing and not to be accurate.

The yellow tint is certainly not normal. I have a couple of hours of screen on time every day for the last year and there is no Yellow tint issue on mine. (US Verizon version)

ok thanks scipper, I am more convinced of getting it now let's say 80% sold on it hehe...

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

A new S5 in normal day to day use should last you quite a long time :)
Plus you guys over there across the pond get a 2 year warranty over our one year warranty here in America ;)

Love my S5

gabrio

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

A new S5 in normal day to day use should last you quite a long time :)
Plus you guys over there across the pond get a 2 year warranty over our one year warranty here in America ;)

Love my S5

ok, seems enough feedback to me, I hope is just because they were display models.. they really had a yellow tint. I will check a 3rd shop though :)

gabrio

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

double post.

Last edited: