Root problem

R bro

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I just got an s5 SM-G900H and I'm looking for a way to root it. I've tried with towelroot ( I changed the code and retried) with z4root (the app is just stopping ) and with odin ( it doesn't show the added message ) . My question is if there is a way to root it other than these , and if I change the model number for example to SM-G900F, can I use root methods for this one(SM-G900F) ?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I just got an s5 SM-G900H and I'm looking for a way to root it. I've tried with towelroot ( I changed the code and retried) with z4root (the app is just stopping ) and with odin ( it doesn't show the added message ) . My question is if there is a way to root it other than these , and if I change the model number for example to SM-G900F, can I use root methods for this one(SM-G900F) ?

Hello and welcome to Android Central R bro!

You have the international, octa core, non 4G, model of the Galaxy S5... SM-G900H See #1.3 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

You cannot flash the G900F firmware for the quad core, 4G/LTE, phone to it!!!

You do not need or, indeed, should not use TowelRoot on this phone as it does not have a locked bootloader unlike some U.S.A. models.

Simply download the CF-Root kernel for your model of phone, G900H, and flash it using Odin and by carefully and thoroughly, reading the instructions in posts #1, #2 and #3 of the following thread...

[SM-G900*] CF-Auto-Root

NOTE: If you have been mucking about with your phone's firmware and using instructions for TowelRoot for quad core phones, you may need to download and flash your original, stock, Samsung firmware for your model of phone and CSC code before you attempt to root. See #1.11 of the 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure"

Last edited:

R bro

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I've tried CF-auto-root with odin but I don't have a driver . I tried to download one . I tried kies and found another one on a website ( it was not a forum ). I'm not sure if it is a problem with the drivers because odin doesn't show an "added!!" message .

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I've tried CF-auto-root with odin but I don't have a driver . I tried to download one . I tried kies and found another one on a website ( it was not a forum ). I'm not sure if it is a problem with the drivers because odin doesn't show an "added!!" message .

Have you enabled, "Developer options", on your phone and made sure that, USB debugging", is checked in it?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I enabled it. Do you think if I search "troubleshooting tips for odin " I will find a solution?

Since you know what you have done to your phone, it might be a good idea. One thing you could do is to remove, completely, Kies and the Samsung drivers from your PC and reboot and re-download Kies again. Also connect the USB cable that came with the phone, directly to the PC, (try different ports), and not via a USB hub.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non