Did my Wi-Fi always on?

WSAD

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I didn't use my phone much, only about 1 hour SOT per day and I only turn on Wi-Fi when I needed, the rest of time I always keep it off, but today I checked my battery status and saw this

Screenshot_2015-05-16-15-07-32.jpg

As you can see, my Wi-Fi bar show a straight blue the whole time even when Wi-Fi is off. It didn't make any sense.

Anyone know wht happened to my Wi-Fi and how to fix it?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Did my Wi-Fi bar always on?

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wi-fi, tap Menu>Advanced, and turn off "Scanning Always Available"

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I think it's just a glitch in the battery stats after Lollipop. My phone does the same sometimes and I haven't found a reason or a fix.

WSAD

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I think it's just a glitch in the battery stats after Lollipop. My phone does the same sometimes and I haven't found a reason or a fix.

Did this hapened on Kitkat?
I don't know much about Kitkat because I updated my phone to Lollipop right after I bought it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
No. For me that happened just after Lollipop. For others reasons I've wiped the cache partition a couple of times after the update and it didn't change anything. I've checked my battery stats now and after being on mobile for a couple of hours the WiFi bar is on all the time. I sort of gave up trying to fix or even understand that glitch :)

WSAD

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Also, does it go away after a reboot?

Yeah, after I restart my phone the wifi bar is gone (I didn't use wifi at that time) but just 1 or 2 hour later it turn blue again (I still didn't use wifi) and problem remain.
Maybe it's Lollipop bug like Javier P said :(

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I checked again. I left the phone on airplane mode for the night, you can see the gap in the cellular signal. And the WiFi bar is on all the time.

Attachments

• 1434969497067.jpg
    1434969497067.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 4

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
I've posted in other threads on this issue, but what worked on my HTC m9, nougat 7.0, was to toggle Extreme Battery Saver on then off again. I tried everything imaginable too, at first.
Another idea that struck me, was what I did after updating to nougat. I had to Reset All App Preferences, in the app manager. This is like one step below a Factory reset. It takes time to readjust all permissions later, and not just user land apps, but system too. This is definitely something to do after a bad ota update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781