T-Mobile (USA) Lollipop, "Android 5.1.1", update

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
T-Mobile customers in the U.S.A. with the minority carrier variant model, SM-G900T, will be waking up to an update to their old Lollipop firmware this morning.

The update, G900TUVU1FOF6, is to Android 5.1.1, and will bring some much needed features and enhancements to the old, OB1, T-Mobile (USA) firmware.

TMB = T-Mobile (USA)

Changelist on this is #5117004

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, for updates.

For more information about CSC codes, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Still no news on Lollipop for the Metro-PCS model,' G900T1, I am afraid.

(Coincidentally, Android 5.1.1 is also starting to roll out to the Galaxy S6 today)

Last edited:

naresh bathula

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile (USA) Lollipop, Android 5.1.1, update

Can I flash it through odin.my S5 model is SM G900H.

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Can I flash it through odin.my S5 model is SM G900H.

I can only see 2 minor drawbacks to you flashing it...

As per posts #1 and #2...

T-Mobile customers in the U.S.A. with the minority carrier variant model, SM-G900T

Competent users

You have the, "H", model which is non 4G/LTE and octa core and the release is for the, "T", model which is 4G/LTE and quad core... see 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site

Wow, all the way from that antique version of OB1 to OF6!! I'm not sure if my heart can take the shock!...:eek:

Thanks for the update Ironass, I've learned so much from reading your posts!...:D
Hoping T-Mob didn't go overboard with their adjustments to the original firmware.

boi2012

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Updated my S5 yesterday. There seems to be a small bug on my phone, where it periodically buzzes and vibrates three time on its own, since the update. I cleared my cache and did a soft reset and occasionally I still get the random vibrating/buzzing bug. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, since the last T-mobile software maintenance update for 5.0, which was about a month ago, my S-Health App keeps crashing and causing my phone to reboot. Anyone else having this problem, as well?

Bridget Booth

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

Yep. I'm having reboots and random vibration, too. Plus, it's running wicked slow. I might rollback

lawful12

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site

Updated my TMOBILE USA S5 to 5.1.1 and it works better than ever and does not use any more storage than 5.0.

Kolongi Hodge

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site

My phone have been running slow as well ever since the upgrade to 5.1.1. I'm praying they resolve this quickly.

boi2012

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Bridget Booth, for confirming the glitches in the update. I hope they fix it soon. Because, it's annoying.

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site

I had the random vibrations the first day but I haven't had them since. It does lag and uses the battery up like no one's business! The swift keyboard is horrible now! It was my preferred method of texting. Now I can swype one word and then it requires a pause to continue..argh. I will probably end up doing a factory reset and hope that fixes my issues as it did with the last update to 5.0.

boi2012

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I had the random vibrations the first day but I haven't had them since. It does lag and uses the battery up like no one's business! The swift keyboard is horrible now! It was my preferred method of texting. Now I can swype one word and then it requires a pause to continue..argh. I will probably end up doing a factory reset and hope that fixes my issues as it did with the last update to 5.0.

I hope you're right about the random vibration bug disappearing after a few days, because today, it just did it once, compared to several times, other days. So, that's an improvement. And so far it hasn't rebooted like before, when using the S-Health app. I did a soft reset and was thinking about doing a factory reset, but I don't feel like backing up everything and resetting my phone and features up again. Let us know if the factory reset resolve your problems.

Also, has anyone noticed a slower charging speed than usual using the USB 3.0, after the 5.1.1 update? Normally it charges pretty fast, but yesterday it took forever, but it could have been due to my usb cord not being pushed all the way in when I was charging.

gonedelirious

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

The swype issue is so annoying! It takes twice as long to write anything and I have typos all the time. Any fixes coming soon or does anyone know of an app that will fix?

Antokz

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site

I'm italian, when it arrives in Italy I don't know if update it or not. Tell me what it changes.

Talon Hone

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

The swype issue is so annoying! It takes twice as long to write anything and I have typos all the time. Any fixes coming soon or does anyone know of an app that will fix?
I have the same issue with the keyboard. It's so annoying! Has anyone found anything out about this?