How do I change "Unlock Effect" on new S5 running Lollipop?

sergio_8600

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S5 today, upgraded from my three and half year old S2 Skyrocket, I'll just say this phone is awesome.

However, it seems to have some weird default "unlock effect" where these stupid bubbles of colors appear wherever you touch or swipe on the lockscreen. I've searched around for how to get rid of it, but everything I've found says go to the Lock Screen settings menu and change the "unlock effect."
But the lock screen settings menu on my phone doesn't have that option. I tried searching in the settings for "unlock effect" and it comes up with a result, but when I click it, it just takes me to the lock screen settings--which as I said has no option for unlock effects.

Did they remove the ability to change/remove the lockscreen effect in 5.0 or am I just completely missing something?

sergio_8600

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Nevermind, found how to fix it. For anyone in the future: you have to first set your unlock mode to "swipe" rather than anything else in order for the "Unlock Effects" option to appear. Seems kind of silly to have that option hidden on other modes considering you'll still have to swipe sometimes even if it's just a 30 sec window.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie