Battery drain and now laggy phone (GS5, unlocked 16gb)

Franklasik

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I am writing to you because I have serious issues with my Galaxy S5. When I got it last year, everything was just working fine: The phone was fast and I could get a whole day of battery life with medium to heavy usage.
But at some point (Andoird 4.4) it started to drain the battery really quickly every now and then. The weird thing is that it does that only sometimes.
Also, two days ago it started to lag a lot out of nowhere. I noticed that when updating apps: Usually I would perfectly be able to do other stuff without any lag while updating but this has changed. Sometimes it takes even 30 seconds to react to my input.
When I look into my battery stats it's "Android System" that is taking up most of the battery...

I've read a lot about this issue, but there seems to be no clear cause: It can be the SD card with a lot of data, that I put in from my old S3 without prior formatting. And I also read that one should always make a full wipe after a major update, but SERIOUSLY: It's 2015!! Smartphones and their software have been around for so long and they had enough time to evolve. I really don't see why I should make such an effort, cause it takes a lot of time (with the risk that it won't help at all).How can Samsung recommend something like that??

Seriously, I am really frustrated with this phone. Even more since I have always been someone who appreciated and prefered Android phones and Samsung in particular. I would be more than satisfied with this phone if it wasn't for those freaking annoying software issues that Samsung is unable to tackle even though they have released so many updates (I have 5.0 Lollipop on my phone now)!! I really hate to say it but: Apple has always managed to get rid of software issues or to release updates that don't cause major flaws such as Samsung...

Does anyone know any other reason why my phone is so laggy and draining the battery? Has anyone had the same issues and solved it with something else other than a full wipe?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Seth Perry1

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried wiping the cashe partition by turning off the phone the when off hold volume up home and power at the same time. When in recover select wipe cashe partition then reboot.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007