When I upload jpeg pictures from my pc to my Samsung S5 out of 93 only 5 open up, why?

A

AC Question

when i upload jpeg pictures from my pc to my samsung s5 out of 93 only 5 open up

when i upload jpeg pictures from my pc to my samsung s5 out of 93 only 5 open up the rest are a black screen with mountain image and exclamation mark , can anyone help / advise ? thanks
I have deleted from sd card and tried 3 times with same results

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: when i upload jpeg pictures from my pc to my samsung s5 out of 93 only 5 open up

Welcome to Android Central! How are you transferring the files--via USB connection? What happens if you transfer the files to Internal Storage instead of the microSD card? If they open fine on Internal Storage, then the card itself might be corrupt.

You could also try unmounting the card (in Settings>Storage), removing it, and inserting it into the computer. Then use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files directly to the SD card. Put the card back into the phone, and see if they open correctly now.

macca1

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: when i upload jpeg pictures from my pc to my samsung s5 out of 93 only 5 open up

Thanks for coming back to me , yes i am using usb to transfer pictures , I cannot remove sd card and insert into laptop as dont have sd reader slot BUT jujst tried another card and have transfered 850 pictures from pc to my s5 BUT the pictures have gone into phone memory and not into the card , how would i transfer from phone memory to the sd card ?

And here is one to test you ...... my previous phone was a bb q10 i have back up files with opiuctures but how do i transfer from back up file to my phone ? i have tyried the usb etc but when i open up back up file pictures i cannot see anywhere to click and move / transfer to anywhere.

All your help is really appreciated - thanks a lot

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

To move files from Internal Storage to the microSD card, you can connect the phone to your computer via USB and use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files between the storage areas of the phone.

How did you backup the pictures from the Blackberry? What is "opiuctures"? I assume that's a typo. Were the photos backed up as some kind of file other than .jpg?

macca1

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

hi thanks for coming back to me, the pictures would not open as the card was corrupted , i bought a new one earflier and transfered from phone memory onto sd card on the phone so all ok

as for the bb pictures , not sure what format these are in but were back up using black berry hub . however just looked through these and its not the end of the world for me not to have these on my s5

thanks for all your help and i will contact you if i need assistance in the future
all the best
macca

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy