Why does my S5 device keep on restating?

A

AC Question

Why is my s5 device keeps on restating

Even my data mobile cant be on it switches off after restarting

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my s5 device keeps on restating

Could you elaborate more? So the device is just randomly restarting or do you mean mobile data is turning off after restarting?

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
My device is just randomly restarting. Battery is around 30% and I've already cleared the cache partition via recovery boot mode.

Seems to stay on when plugged into a power source, but the moment I remove the plug, it restarts incessantly.

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it could be a bad battery. If the phone works when plugged in, does it show a charging symbol? Download the app "Ampere" from the play store. Plug in your phone and start the app. It will measure the current that your phone is taking, and will also give you the status of your battery.

If your phone restarts when you unplug it, then there is obviously something shorting out in the battery that's making the phone lose power.

If you are able to get your hands on another battery, try that. How old is the phone? If it's still under warranty, you can get a new battery.

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Ya, I actually have 3 batteries, so I will try just swapping out. It progressed to occurring now around 60% battery life. It does charge just fine, it just seems to hit some battery level at which the phone will do nothing but restart over and over unless plugged in.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay