email folder

derksen

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Good morning,
I recently bought my s5 and I love it except for the fact I cannot set up email folders to file my important stuff in.
I'm using MTS email address (in canada)
I'm able to see these folders on my outlook.com
I'm hoping someone can help me!

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the stock email app, or something else? So you've got your Outlook.com webmail working properly, but you can't find the same folders in your email app?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Assuming this is IMAP service, log into the webmail interface. Create new folders there. They will sync to your phone's email app, but you might have to go into the email app settings to make the new folders visible.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

derksen

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
That's exactly what is happening. .yes, I am using the stock email that cam with the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

derksen

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
??? If that's what's happening, then what's the problem? I don't get it...

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

I replied to can3gxw post...
My folders appear on my outlook.com account but when I'm using the stock email app on my s5, I have no folders at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Not surprised at all. The Samsung email app seems to be broken. Lotsa people are having various problems with it. There are posts about email trouble on Samsungs everywhere.

The best fix is to try another email app. There's plenty of good ones to choose from such as My Mail, Maildroid, K-9, Cloud Magic or my favorite, AquaMail, just to name a few.

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.