Why can't I be added to a group chat by an iPhone?

Horrgs

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Little bit of background on my product: I own a Samsung Galaxy S5 with an Android Lollipop 5.0 OS, Verizon is the carrier.

My friends (that all have iPhones, of different carriers and versions) are trying to add me to their group chat but they said it won't work (I saw first hand two of them try and it didn't work.)

I have checked to see if my group chat is on, and it is. I'm in a group chat with my family (dad being the creator, Droid, Android OS) and there is an iPhone in it too, works fine.

I'm wondering if it's because I switched my default messaging app (I doubt that though) to Google's "Messenger". I saw some people comment on another thread to use "Stock Messenger" or Stock something, but I have no app like that on my phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The stock messaging app is the one that came with Samsung. What app are your friends using? You could consider a cross platform app for group messaging.

Horrgs

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
The stock messaging app is the one that came with Samsung. What app are your friends using? You could consider a cross platform app for group messaging.

uMc7All.jpg that one?

Also, I've been added to a group chat since I've used "Messenger". Well, my dad sent me a message in one since then. They use the default Messages app by Apple. The thing is, it doesn't let them add me at all. Shouldn't it at least allow them to add me?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 187477 that one?

Also, I've been added to a group chat since I've used "Messenger". Well, my dad sent me a message in one since then. They use the default Messages app by Apple. The thing is, it doesn't let them add me at all. Shouldn't it at least allow them to add me?

That does look like the stock messaging app. If they are using iMessage, then that may only communicate with other Apple users. It might be easier to use a different messaging app. You can probably use Skype.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Have you previously owned an iPhone? If so, you are stuck in imessage hell on those group messages that don't work. If not, no idea why it won't work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc