S5 Media Volume repeatedly muting itself

Gena Bedford

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a Verizon S5 and the media volume keeps muting itself. I turn I back up and then a few minutes later it mutes itself again. I downloaded volume blocker and it's working but it still continues to tell me that "volume has changed, tap to save". I would rather just fix the issue if anyone knows what's going on with it or is having the same issue.

wilding1

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
we have bluetooth devices that the phone was continually trying to connect to in our home. I turned off the bluetooth-problem solved

Smileyk777

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
Re: J5 Media Volume repeatedly muting itself

I have a Verizon S5 and the media volume keeps muting itself. I turn I back up and then a few minutes later it mutes itself again. I downloaded volume blocker and it's working but it still continues to tell me that "volume has changed, tap to save". I would rather just fix the issue if anyone knows what's going on with it or is having the same issue.

My J5 is doing the same thing.
Please let me know once you have sorted out the problem.

bid19

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
hat could be a resource issue. Have you tried making sure all other apps are fully closed before playing music? - or it could be just one that's monopolising the system. Samsung used to include a task manager as part of the OS - if it's still there, you can close all other running apps. If not, there are 3rd party TMs available which do the same thing. I'd give that a go first. If you've noticed the problem since adding a particular app, you could try force-stopping that, or even uninstalling it, just to see it it makes a difference.