Why does my S5 screen lock auto reset itself to not having a screen security?

A

AC Question

S5 screen lock will auto reset itself to no not having a screen security.

So my fully updated S5 lock screen will disable itself randomly. I will have it on the swipe or code lock and several days later it will just auto put it back to no screen lock. Same is happening to my wife's S5 and we have a few same apps that we have had for a year. It could be several days to one day.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: S5 screen lock will auto reset itself to no not having a screen security.

So my fully updated S5 lock screen will disable itself randomly. I will have it on the swipe or code lock and several days later it will just auto put it back to no screen lock. Same is happening to my wife's S5 and we have a few same apps that we have had for a year. It could be several days to one day.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try booting to recovery and clearing the partition cache.

https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10683

Magyarbear

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have the exact problem and resetting the cache partition does not help! Have you tried anything else. I am loathe to do a factory reset, without a guarantee it will work.

I recently updated to Lollipop 5.1.1 BUILD number LMY47X.G900TUVS1FOJ4

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Magyarbear

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

(If anyone ever reads this..LOL).

I have solved the problem but unfortunately it required to resetting the phone to factory default. Prior to doing this, I used App Backup and Restore to save my current apk files (and moved them to my SD card) AND used Smart Sync to backup my phone (did not back the SD card). I removed the SD card (and SIM) and reset the phone.

It took about 3 - 4 hours to get everything 'back' but the reported problem went away.

General comment: T-Mobile and Samsung really do not have the upgrade procedure well figured out. People have reported numerous problems. This would be acceptable is there was a real way to backup the device without having to root the phone. This is unacceptable IMHO.

Since I did not go through the extra trouble my viber, whatsapp and skype histories are gone. Not surprisingly google hangouts are there. Messenger messages were also retained.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad