How to have my phone ring for calls and silent for text?

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I run a business from my personal phone. I have people calling in a few times a day to order products, but I also text on it all day. I keep it on silent because I text alot and I don't want it to drain my battery and be annoying all day on ringer or vibrate. How could I set it to be silent for text messages, and ring for phone calls?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You could set the Phone calls as a Priority Notification and change your Notification Settings to only allow Priority ones to go through.

Also, depending on the app you use for texting, you could disable notification sounds in said app's settings (Most apps have SILENT as a ringtone option).

IronCat21

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Good call!I just set text messages to silent in my messenger app. How do I set priority notifications? I can't seem to find it. I'm using 5.0.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to your phone's Sound settings (Sounds and Notifications), there should be an option there that says APPLICATION NOTIFICATIONS. There you can set each app as Priority or block notifications altogether. If the app has individual notification settings available, you can also access them from this option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888