Google calendar

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
How do you change the time of appointments to regular time instead of military time. It used to be regular time.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

There are instructions, but they do not work.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar time

What if you go to System Settings>Date & Time? Is "Use 24-hour format" turned on there?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar time

You are amazing. The solution was right in my face. Thanks again for your prompt response. You are always right on. You have solved many of my problems.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
visible notification in Google Calendar

I get sound notification when the calendar event is due. How do I get onscreen notification when the event is due? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm posting all events in my life. How can I go back 40 years to record important events throughout my life? I don't want to manually scroll through years to post events. Is there another way to do this? Thanks.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm posting all events in my life. How can I go back 40 years to record important events throughout my life? I don't want to manually scroll through years to post events. Is there another way to do this? Thanks.

on PC go to -

https://www.google.com/calendar

then in settings - Google Calendar Labs - enable -

Jump to date
By Dave M - Jul 2009
Quickly navigate to dates in the distant future or past (actual time travel not yet supported).

OR

on Phone download "Jorte" -

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=jp.co.johospace.jorte&token=xh5lJE6U

and create a 4x5 Month Widget on your phone. then tap on the top of the month calendar view at today's month/year (ex July 2015) and a dialog box will pop up allowing you to pick a past/present Month/Day/Year to jump to.

http://support.jorte.net/165341-How-can-I-Jump-to-a-certain-date

report back.

good luck.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Jump to date
By Dave M - Jul 2009
Quickly navigate to dates in the distant future or past (actual time travel not yet supported).

I need help with the above. I can't find the instructions you listed.

"then in settings - Google Calendar Labs - enable -'
I do not have that option on the website. Thanks for your help.

BTW, I tried JORTE, but it is a very comprehensive app, much more than I needed. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

Jump to date
By Dave M - Jul 2009

I need help with the above. I can't find the instructions you listed.

"then in settings - Google Calendar Labs - enable -'
I do not have that option on the website. Thanks for your help.

BTW, I tried JORTE, but it is a very comprehensive app, much more than I needed. Thanks again.

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/154174?hl=en

6 New Labs Features Introduced For Google Calendar

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It looks as though the Labs feature is not available on the Android version of Google calendar. Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
My wife has a laptop running Windows 7. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5, Verizon edition. Before I got the smartphone, I used Outlook calendar on the laptop to record all of my events, I want to somehow transfer all of the old events to the smartphone.

I will have a limited period of time to tie up the laptop to get this data over to the smartphone. Is there a way to gather all of the events in some form, so I can import them into the smartphone? I'm looking for a way to do this as simple as possible. What are your thoughts and suggestions? I won't be able to link the 2 devices Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google calendar Duplicates

I had to restore, among other things, Google calendar. It has duplicated many items. Is there a way to delete all those Duplicates without deleting them individually? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Birthdays to Google calendar

I'm having trouble getting birthdays from my contact list, to move to Google calendar. What do I need to do? Thanks.

Stephen Luisi

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: Google calendar Duplicates

If you can get to the desktop website and login you should be able to select multiple calendar events if you view the calander in Month view...?

Hopefully the duplicated event was a recurring event that was set to repeat on a schedule. (Makes it simple to modify with out loosing other events). If so you can modify the very first ever event and delete the hole chain. Leaving the desired schedule of events untouched...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google calendar Duplicates

Sounds simple if I had access to a laptop so I could use the web based Google Calendar. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with this smartphone. Is there a way to do this just by using my smartphone? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Calendar mystery

You folks have been trying to help me through other posts regarding birthdays and Google Calendar. I find it hard to believe that you pros cannot figure out what the problem is. To rehash the issue, birthdays that are listed in contacts, are not showing up on Google Calendar. I'm using a smartphone. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar mystery

I've tried by adding to one of my contacts their birthday and it shows up in the Samsung Calendar, the Google Calendar. Did you by any chance have the year added? If so try taking off the year and just display the month and day.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar mystery

What's the difference between Samsung Calendar and Google Calendar? I have Google Calendar.