Just got the "Stagefright" patch on Sprint S5

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Checked for the update & there it was :) a little over 300 mb's...

Sprint continues to push timely patches - did aliens take control of the company??

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Should this be enough?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2015-08-05 21.37.31.jpg
    2015-08-05 21.37.31.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 108
Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Did a manual check for system updates and found there is a 321.23MB one available. (Previously last checked yesterday but found none).
I have 'Auto update' checked and I don't think I have it set to only download when connected to a wifi network, so I am not sure why it did not automatically update - or at LEAST prompt me. Oh well, am downloading it now.

cyberdman

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I just got it and updated to it. No big surprises in the update, updates like normal no issues. I'm assuming the Stagefright thing is the only included update.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Did a manual check for system updates and found there is a 321.23MB one available. (Previously last checked yesterday but found none).
I have 'Auto update' checked and I don't think I have it set to only download when connected to a wifi network, so I am not sure why it did not automatically update - or at LEAST prompt me. Oh well, am downloading it now.

I think you have to check if it is before your auto roll out. I've been able to check and get it manually each time a new version comes out for my S5.

I'm disappointed it's still 5.0 and not 5.1.1 like the Note 4 received with the Stagefright fix. I d/l yesterday when it came out and battery sucked yesterday. I let my phone drain completely and ran it until it shut off last night. Today, so far so good, 64% battery left, running so far 8 hours 20 minutes with projected time left of 15 hours.