AT&T S5 G900A unable to detect new software update G900AUCU4BOF3

David Garcia17

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 AT&T (model: G900A). It's currently running on version G900AUCUcBOC4 (released 4/2015). After April, AT&T released two new softwares: G900AUCU4BOF2 and recently G900AUCU4BOF3 (more details: since I cannot post link, you can search for this page on google "Upgrade Device Software for the Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900A)").

I'm no longer with AT&T and using T-Mobile (since this phone is unlocked now). But when I go to Settings > About Device > Check Update, the system says "Current software is up to date".

Smart Switch and Kies cannot also detect the new update.

Does anyone have the same issue and how you did to update the software?

Thanks.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S5 AT&T (model: G900A). It's currently running on version G900AUCUcBOC4 (released 4/2015). After April, AT&T released two new softwares: G900AUCU4BOF2 and recently G900AUCU4BOF3 (more details: since I cannot post link, you can search for this page on google "Upgrade Device Software for the Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900A)").

I'm no longer with AT&T and using T-Mobile (since this phone is unlocked now). But when I go to Settings > About Device > Check Update, the system says "Current software is up to date".

Smart Switch and Kies cannot also detect the new update.

Does anyone have the same issue and how you did to update the software?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome to Android Central David Garcia17!

See #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

Unlike regular Samsung firmware releases that are pushed out by Samsung, across the board, AT&T release their firmware upgrades via their own network.

Therefore, you will need to be registered on the AT&T network to receive G900A updates. You cannot even download and flash the AT&T firmware from the usual Samsung sites, as it is not made available by them.

Borrowing an AT&T sim card or using a PAYG one has worked for other users in your position.