Why is my S5 Contacts App no longer searching global address book?

A

AC Question

S5 "Contacts" App no longer searching global address book

I have a Verizon Samsung S5 running Android 5.0, and use Microsoft Exchange Active Sync to synchronize my global address book, calendar, and email at my work.

Previously, I was able to find contacts in my global address book who were not contacts in my phone by just searching their name. If a contact was not a contact on my phone, the app would briefly say "searching on <domain>", before pulling up all contacts in my corporate address book that matched the search criteria

Now, I can only see contacts for whom I have a contact in Outlook, gmail etc versus everyone in my corporate library.

I AM able to see all contacts in my corporate library using an app called "Corporate Address Book", but this lacks many of the slick features (pictures, swipe to text) that "Contacts" has. This tells me that the problem isn't with the global address list itself, but rather with the app.

So far I have tried:
*Double-checking all of my sync settings in the account
*Double-checking that I am showing all contacts (for testing, I tried just showing contacts from my exchange account, that didn't work)
*Removing the exchange account, re-adding it
*Factory re-setting the phone
*Clearing all certificates, reloading them

Note that immediately after I factory reset my phone, the contact app briefly behaved as expected. However, while my phone was auto-downloading my apps, it quickly stopped again.

This leads me to believe that it may be caused by a particular combination of apps/settings on my phone versus a problem with Android 5/S5s in particular.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Kevin Bourg

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Just recently I noted the same issue with my phone, unable to search my corporate Contact directly, only my personal stored Contacts. I recently upgraded my phone and wondering if this is the cause. My Kernel version is 3.4.0 on Android 5.0.

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I couldn't believe this as solution, but yes every time I have Facebook 4.0 installed search the Outlook Exchange server contacts , GALMOD, or corporate contacts, would no longer be searched. I installed, and reinstalled FB several times to confirm, rebooted between. Everytime Facebook was installed there was a conflict with Outlook exchange server contacts on the S5 Galaxy.
SM-G900V
Android 5.0
FB 4.0

Anyone got a solution? Maybe I hear HTC calling my name, or time to refresh MySpace account.

mreniff

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
I have the same device and removing Facebook did not fix my problem. Contacts App is no longer search global address book. Any other suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC