Galaxy S5- Defective front camera, what should I do?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S5- Defective front camera

Hi everyone, I've had my S5 for about a year now, and for the past few months this problem has been occurring on and off. Usually my front camera works just fine, but every once in awhile, I open my front camera and I get an all white screen with a ring in the middle. It seems to be random because I can't think of anything that triggers it. I try force stopping the camera app, restarting the phone, and taking out the battery, but nothing works. It just eventually starts working fine again, sometimes after an hour, sometimes after a week. Also, the front camera doesn't work in any app that uses it, not just the camera app itself. Not sure what could be causing this, any idea could help. Thanks!

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5- Defective front camera

When you say "for about a year", has it been less than a year or more than a year? This is important because if it's been LESS than a year, you should still have factory warranty and I'd look at sending that back for service IMMEDIATELY, while you're still covered.

Have you tried clearing the device cache? Possibly a factory reset also, just in case some piece of software running the camera got screwed up. But it sounds like a hardware issue...

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Can I also add that depending on your model of Galaxy S5 and location, your Samsung warranty period could well be 2 years in a lot of countries and for a lot of models.

Jenny_Marton

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

unfortunately, I'm not eligible for warranty anymore. It's been under a year, but I replaced the plastic charging port cover because mine broke, and they told me that voided the warranty even though I didn't even have to take anything apart to replace it. I might try a factory reset, but that's my last resort option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance