Galaxy S5 gets the S6 Smart Manager & Stagefright fix in new updates

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
It looks as though the OH4 release on the unbranded international model for the United Kingdom, (BTU), a couple of weeks ago, is a winner as Samsung have started a worldwide roll out of this firmware that has a very high changelist, #5508620, (higher than Android 5.1.1), as well as the Stagefright exploit patch and the new, S6, Smart Manager app, see post #8, for clearing and optimizing the phone. This is in stark contrast to the U.S. and Canadian models that just added a Stagefright patch without updating the actual firmware.

Releases for Android 5.0, Lollipop, on the worldwide, International, SM-G900F, model on unbranded and lightly branded phones for the following CSC codes...

OXA = United Kingdom (unbranded, BTU)

OJV = Saudi Arabia (unbranded)

DRE = Austria (3)

OXE = Kazakhstan (unbranded)

Check both OTA, (Over The Air), and via Samsung's PC suite, Kies, for updates.

For more information about your model and CSC codes, see #1.8 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Latest OH4 firmware rolling out from Samsung

To give you an idea of how this latest update compares to other firmwares, here are the changelist #'s for the U.S. and Canadian carrier branded, minority variants.

Canada (all carriers) model G900W8 build Oi4 = changelist #5793883* (Android 5.1.1)

International model G900F builds OH4, OI1, Oi2, Oi3 & Oi5 = changelist #5508620 -> #5793400

T-Mobile (USA) model G900T build OG6 = changelist #5406928* (Android 5.1.1)

Metro-PCS model G900T1 build OG4 = changelist #5117004* (Android 5.1.1)

Cricket model G900AZ build OE2 = changelist #4837836*

Verizon model G900V build OG5= changelist #4782027*

Sprint model G900P build OG1 = changelist #4781399*

C-Spire model G900R7 build OH1 = changelist #4538308*

AT&T model G900A build OF3 = changelist #4432708*

U.S. Cellular model G900R4 build OG2 = changelist #4385544*

Bluegrass Cellular etc: model G900R6 build OH1 = changelist #4219092*

(*N.B. The carrier changelists above, include their bloatware. The actual Samsung changelist # they are based on will be much lower)

So, you can see, depending on which carrier you are with and which build they have chosen, your Lollipop firmware could be very out-of-date.

For more information about your model of Galaxy S5, see, 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, which starts with the sentence...

"Think that everyone's Samsung Galaxy S5 is the same as yours...
Think again!" ;)

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Rub it in.... :cool:

Au contraire can3gxw!

Rubbing it in... would be to show you the audience reaction of worldwide users on the G900F model with the latest, stock Samsung, OH4 firmware, being shown the old AT&T and Verizon cloneware versions with mega carrier bloatware and locked down, unrootable, bootloaders...

Now, that is rubbing it in! I'll get my coat! ;)

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

At least my Bell bloatware doesn't cripple my device like those poor people in the USA.... I guess I'll just hold out until 6.0

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

At least my Bell bloatware doesn't cripple my device like those poor people in the USA.... I guess I'll just hold out until 6.0

Ah! Good old Bell... and all Canadian G900W8 versions. Still on changelist #4100894 and no Stagefright patch. I remember that firmware well... OB7 release for the 13th February build for the international model. The good old days... before electric lights, running water, inside toilets and motor cars. :D

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

One app from Samsung that has been included in this latest OH4 release is Smart Manager. This app features on the Samsung Galaxy S6 and is, in part, based on the Clean Master app from the Play Store. However, unlike the Clean Master app that has become, IMHO, intrusive and a battery and memory hog, this app just sits, cached, in the background until needed.

As you can see from the screenshots below, it comprises of Battery, Storage, RAM and Device Security.

Battery is really just a shortcut to the Battery in Settings with the added, Abnormal battery usage monitor.

Storage is the one that I like as it can clear out any old and unnecessary data and old user data.

RAM I am not so keen on as the device should not need this to be used normally and I dislike this sort of task killing as it is counter productive.

Device security is just an anti virus app by Intel Security that requires you to sign in to your Samsung account.

Smart Manager main screen

Battery screen

Storage screen

RAM (Background apps) screen

RAM (Manage apps) screen

Device Security screen

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Another OH4 release for the G900F model...

OXE = Uzbekistan (unbranded)

Last edited:

cjp40

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S5 gets the S6's Smart Manager in new update

I downloaded OH4 a couple of weeks ago, no sign of Smart Manager Widget anywhere ????

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I downloaded OH4 a couple of weeks ago, no sign of Smart Manager Widget anywhere ????

I don't think you'll find that I said, "widget", in the posting above if you re-read it carefully. It is an app in the app drawer.

rindert

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

Seems like it's not there. On XDA someone misses it too, asked about it and so I noticed I don't have it either.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

Seems like it's not there. On XDA someone misses it too, asked about it and so I noticed I don't have it either.

Are you on the stock Samsung OH4 unbranded firmware for the United Kingdom, BTU that was released 14th August?

rindert

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

Are you on the stock Samsung OH4 unbranded firmware for the United Kingdom, BTU that was released 14th August?
Not exactly. I use the rooted DevBase from alexndr (XDA) of BOH4. Do you have the widget?

rindert

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

AP and CP as above, CSC G900FAXX1BOH4.
cjp40 implied to, and I asked twice: do you have the widget? Why not answer?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

AP and CP as above, CSC G900FAXX1BOH4.
cjp40 implied to, and I asked twice: do you have the widget? Why not answer?

As I said in post #11, I do not mention any widget associated with Smart Manager as there is no widget. Just the Smart Manager app in the app drawer.

Also, your CSC code, G900FAXX1BOH4, is not that for the United Kingdom firmware or any of the other 4 OH4 firmwares released to-date!!!

rindert

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site

Just curious: Since there is no widget, what was odd to you, then? (post #15)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan