Galaxy S5 Backup Issue, Can I Get Some Help?

Kevin Morissette

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S5 Backup Issue

Okay, so for some reason my phone stopped being able to detect my bluetooth speaker no matter what I did. I cleared the cache under Bluetooth, did a bunch of stuff. Sometimes it can detect it, but only when the bluetooth speaker is off. When it does pair, it says it had a problem communicating.

Anyway, I decided to factory reset because I read the backup is really good on these phones. (The factory reset did not solve the bluetooth problem).
Anyways, I went into Backup, it was all set up.

So I factory reset. Now it's reset and all my stuff is gone. When I go to Samsung account and hit restore, it says there's no backup.

When I go to my google account, it says the last backup was.. now, so did it just automatically decide to backup my empty phone automatically over my good backup?

Basically, is there a way to select a date to backup to, am I overthinking this, did I just lose all my stuff? I recently got a new number and so if I lost my contacts, there's a lot of work opportunities and people I know where their number was the only connection, and it'd be kind of a huge deal if I can't get my contacts back, especially because it said my phone was backed up. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith