Lost all saved dates on my calendar, how do I get them back?

A

AC Question

Lost all saved dates on my calendar

I was adding appointments and save the date information to my calendar and slipped my Samsung Galaxy 5 back into my purse and about an hour later went to check my calendar for my day ahead and my calendar is blank. All the appointments, birthdays, and reminders about sporting activities and events for my three children has disappeared. How do I get that info back?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lost all saved dates on my calendar

Were your events synced to a cloud account like Google or Samsung? If so, they should still be there (I recommend using Google because you can access the calendar via web). If the events were stored only in your phone (not synced) make sure your Calendar is set to show all Calendars. Not sure how or why the Calendar storage would get wiped though, but hope you did back those up somewhere :S

purpleaubergine

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had exactly the same.
Was working fine when I last checked which was yesterday some time. I go to it today and all events are gone. I checked with my Google calendar on my PC and the events are all still on the PC. I tried to sync the S5 calendar, double check the calendars are ticked, clear the cache, all makes no difference. I added an event to the S5. It shows up on the S5 but won't sync to the PC.
I'm guessing it's the result of an update and may just have to wait till it gets fixed ...... grrrrrr :(

purpleaubergine

Aug 29, 2015
Visit site
As an update, my phone can see that I have the calendars (I have a few imported Google calendars along with my main diary) - they are listed in the Calendars section. I imported a calendar using my PC today and it has joined the list on my phone. But still none of the events are actually showing so all the pages are blank except for one test event I added on the phone. That test event did not sync to the calendar on my PC. But there is obviously some form of connection if the calendar I imported is listed.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you use a 3rd party calendar app, like Google Calendar, do your events show up? Also, the item that you created and is not showing up in your Google account, are you sure it was created in your Google account and not in the local (device) calendar? The latter isn't synced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol