Call / Message Blocking That Doesn't

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For a few years now I have a contact I call "Black List" in which I maintain my blocked contacts. Works great (usually) through my myriad of devices. Recently switched from an S6 Edge to a Note 5.

On the Note 5 I am seeing the following:
  • The caller is Blocked most of the time but not always
  • The messager is Blocked most of the time.
  • A number can be Blocked on Monday but allowed through on Tuesday
  • A Blocked number can be dumped straight into voicemail.

I am re-adding/re-Blocking/re-whatever trying t get this to work consistently.
Has anyone else run into this? Is it 5.1.1 or the Note 5?
Either way, it is annoying. Inconsistent bugs. This worked great on the Edge but on the Note .... grrrrrr :mad:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are a few possibilities, including the carrier (yours or theirs). The country code may or may not be coming through, and if you have 111 222-3333 blocked, 1+111 222 3333 might not get blocked (or vice versa). And the carrier might be changing that randomly as they change some software. The rea code (or lack of it) could also change the blocking.

dkunzman

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
There are a few possibilities, including the carrier (yours or theirs). The country code may or may not be coming through, and if you have 111 222-3333 blocked, 1+111 222 3333 might not get blocked (or vice versa). And the carrier might be changing that randomly as they change some software. The rea code (or lack of it) could also change the blocking.

Great thoughts but none of that applies. All of these are local (USA).
The block / not block is intermittent for both messaging and calls. It worked great on my S6 Edge but not the Note 5.
What I am trying is replicating the blocked numbers (there's about 70 total) into new contacts that I am blocking. Then I'll dump my old blocking contacts. See if this helps. Only thing I can think of is data corruption on the original transfer.

Thanks for the try. ;)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15