S5 wont charge anymore

Patrick Smith12

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Alright it all started a couple days ago when i got the "The connected charger is incompatible with this phone. To prevent damage to your phone, charging has been stopped. To continue charging, use the original charger and cable that were provided with the phone." message. I used several different chargers that worked for other phones and they didn't work. Eventually the battery died and now I can't get it to turn on. I have tried cleaning the port and many other things. Anyone have any idea what it is? I fear that the charge port is broke and that I will have to replace it. Only issue is I don't trust myself to do it without making things worse and I know i'll pay an arm and a leg to have someone replace it.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Plug the cord into a computer. See if it charges. If it does, the charger is bad.

2. If the port has to be replaced, bring it to a shop - it'll be cheaper than breaking the phone and having to pay for that AND a new port.

Patrick Smith12

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
1. Plug the cord into a computer. See if it charges. If it does, the charger is bad.

2. If the port has to be replaced, bring it to a shop - it'll be cheaper than breaking the phone and having to pay for that AND a new port.

not sure what you mean. I have already tried all three chargers on different phones and they all work. The s5 is the only one that doesn't

eXp0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site

not sure what you mean. I have already tried all three chargers on different phones and they all work. The s5 is the only one that doesn't

It is a big weakness from my experience in the S4 and wouldn't be one bit surprised if the flaw carried over into the S5. The issue is more than likely the charger port on the phone.

This is what one can look like, I'm not experienced with the S5 and this visual is for an example only.

71vIjbkUX3L._SL1500_.jpg

There tends to be different versions of this charger port. If you're not comfortable with buying a replacement and fixing it yourself then as suggested above take it in to a reputable repair person and don't let them charge you more than 20£/25€/30$ because it's a simple 10 minute fix with the right person on the job.

- eXp0

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance