Why am I unable to add text to my picture messages before sending - Galaxy S5 T-Mobile?

helloburk4

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Just so everyone on here knows, this is STILL an issue and utterly ridiculous. Why is this such a pain? SEARCHING THROUGH MY CONTACTS IS THIS BIGGEST PAIN IN THE ****, SECOND ONLY TO SELECTING A PICTURE AND HAVING THE PHONE DROP ALL MY TEXT. Sigh...

Anyone else found a solution?

Janetlarae

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I have found a better fix! Under settings, go to Calls- under voice over LTE, uncheck box. Now the texts work normally again.

Yay!!! Thank you so much!!!! This worked perfect on my Galaxy S5! I was so sick of it just automatically sending the pics without being able to add text or another pic. :)

Duane Russell

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
"...add text and photos as required, THEN add recipient. All will send as one text..."

This works for me (Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile). Better than disabling LTE functionality, and no changes are required to any settings.

Indianadano

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Brilliant!! I tried the other solutions to no avail. But adding the text and photo before the recipient works great. thanks for the easy solution.

MLazarusM2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
You're right. The SD card was a false positive when working with T-mobile. I gave up and decided to go with the only way I could to add text and photo in the same message which was to create a new message, add text and photos as required, THEN add recipient. All will send as one text and of course the message will just add itself to an existing thread if one exists for that contact. Not the way it should be but as I said, I had to move on.

I know it's not the ideal situation, but it is much better than having to send them both separate. Thank you for sharing

DRLeisy

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
I have found a better fix! Under settings, go to Calls- under voice over LTE, uncheck box. Now the texts work normally again.

This worked perfectly on my Galaxy Note 4. Oh my goodness City girl 917 you removed one of the biggest frustrations of my texting history! Just telling the Note 4 not to use voice over LTE when available was simple fast and perfect.

gordogmc

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I just updated to Latest 6.0.1 and back to the same issue and the only Fix that worked before (Call>Voice over LTE) does NOT work anymore..

Somebody help please!!!!

hrbarnett

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
To: ctygry917:
Thanks for finally solving this problem. 2hrs with t-mobile Tech did not, others here did not. I'd like to call you "a scholar and a gentleman", but for obvious reasons I can't, ...

Thank you so much
Howard

Last edited:

hrbarnett

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Duane Russell solution:
Duane Russell View Post
"...add text and photos as required, THEN add recipient. All will send as one text..."

This works for me (Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile). Better than disabling LTE functionality, and no changes are required to any settings.

Me:
Nope

(Galaxy S5 on T-Mobile )

Last edited:

hrbarnett

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
To ctygrl917
That worked.
Okay, so how in the HECK did you to come to know that!!!
Reading an hour, I've mostly come up with more people endorsing this issue and the same solution we've probably all tried -clearing data & cashe - which of course does nothing. A few people went the dreaded "factory reset" and "hopefully restore" method. Laborious and perilous as that can be, the reports were it didn't fix the problem.
Before this I was able to put away 1:48hrs(including a scary backup which didn't play nice with the small concern of MY CALENDAR!) with a very nice and patient tmobile tech and his supervisor. Finally, after the 'umpteenth' remedy the problem seemed resolved, I thanked them profusely.

Unfortunately, the final solution didn't stick and I don't know how to tell them thanks for wasting 2hrs with that long series of ineffective procedures.

Now yours solved the problem and worked immediately.
So, my question remains: how would you know this and a t-mobile Tech not? You seem more like a City Girl than a cellphone tech to me, just look at that pretty smile,... (yup, pretty grl city girl, not techie nerd, not one bit)

City girl 917, I'd like to call you "a scholar and a gentleman" but I don't know the female equivalent.

Anyway, you're a real mensch.

Thanks so much,
Howard

hrbarnett

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
To jabggp

Re: t-mobile engineer's solution
The SD card, really? Nice try. They're not just idiots, they're PITIFUL idiots.
Check ctygrl917's solution, she solves it in less words than I took to describe the t-mobile engineering staff

Todd Mendes

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Re: Unable to add text to my picture messages before sending - Galaxy S5 Tmobile

I used to be able to attach photos from my gallery or take a picture and attach it to a text message THEN add text to each photo. Now, if I attach a photo or take a picture, it automatically sends! Help!

It's the new advanced messaging with marshmallow update 6.0.1 feature if you have it on you can't send text with a pic. If you shut it off it will compress the pic and then you can add text.
Go to
Settings
Uncheck advanced messaging

This should fix the problem. It did on my note 4

Ygrealtor

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks...
I had to
1...settings...calls...turn off voice over LTE
2...Turn off wi-fi calling

Both had to be completed for the fix to actually stick.

I appreciate the assistance

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol