Why am I unable to add text to my picture messages before sending - Galaxy S5 T-Mobile?

A

AC Question

Unable to add text to my picture messages before sending - Galaxy S5 Tmobile

I used to be able to attach photos from my gallery or take a picture and attach it to a text message THEN add text to each photo. Now, if I attach a photo or take a picture, it automatically sends! Help!

nickjeep99

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I too am having the same problem since my last update from T-Mobile. In a text message if I have some text written then go to attach a picture, it will just send the picture and not add the text to it (leaves it hanging on the screen ready to be sent separate). Anybody else know how to fix this? Cleared the data and cache from my messaging app but still no luck.

Android 5.1.1
SM-G900T

Migscamacho

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same annoying issue. Not just that but sometimes when you go to send something to a contact it makes you look through your entire contacts, and then it makes you pick a default location, as if i'm going to email someone via text. It's ridiculous.

And then all of a sudden some images are too big for me to send. This never happened before.

Does no one check these updates before they insist we download them?

jabggp

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone found a resolution for this problem? I have the same issue which started last week. Cannot send multiple picture messages nor add text to images before sending, just as described here.

I have an open T-mobile support ticket that is at engineering but not much help so far.

J

jabggp

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Working with T-mobile engineering, we have found the resolution to this problem in my case. The SD card was the culprit. Post here if still interested and I will post full details.

chrislf

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Working with T-mobile engineering, we have found the resolution to this problem in my case. The SD card was the culprit. Post here if still interested and I will post full details.

I'd like to know a fix for this. I have tmobile but I have a GS6 edge & therefore no SD card so whatever the issue is, it's not that.

jabggp

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
You're right. The SD card was a false positive when working with T-mobile. I gave up and decided to go with the only way I could to add text and photo in the same message which was to create a new message, add text and photos as required, THEN add recipient. All will send as one text and of course the message will just add itself to an existing thread if one exists for that contact. Not the way it should be but as I said, I had to move on.

Corie Marvin

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
This too, has become a very irritating issue for me. Is there no way to do a reset without losing everything? Because this new update is total crap...

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same annoying issue. Not just that but sometimes when you go to send something to a contact it makes you look through your entire contacts, and then it makes you pick a default location, as if i'm going to email someone via text. It's ridiculous.

And then all of a sudden some images are too big for me to send. This never happened before.

Does no one check these updates before they insist we download them?

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gordogmc

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
Tmobile sent me a replacement phone and this is happening and it is driving me crazy!!!

In the middle of swapping pictures and apps and what not I discovered something.. If I attempt to send attach a picture when the SIM card is out it works!!!

Obviously this gets me no where but what could be the reason?

SIM card in, sends picture automatically.

SIM card out, works just like before..

I'm hoping someone has figured out a fix

oohcynthia

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I have found a better fix! Under settings, go to Calls- under voice over LTE, uncheck box. Now the texts work normally again.

You're the best! Thanks for the fix. Now, can you help me add a subject to my texts again. The option was there before in the ... section of the message center, but now it's not. Apparently, lots of us have this issue with no fix from TMOBILE or Samsung. Fingers crossed.

stlfrosti

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I posted about all these issues right after that update which also included "my shortcuts being deleted"

SO they have a NEW UPDATE I got notice of today... it says it has FIXES... do I dare try???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay