Samsung S5 video player is unresponsive. Any fix for this?

A

AC Question

Samsung S5 video player is unresponsive.

hello can anyone help me. when i play a video on my samsung S5's video player it does play but the screen becomes unresponsive. i cant adjust the volume. or scrub the video. is there any fix for this? Thanks in advance :)

I did download another video player. But i really like the built in one.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung S5 video player is unresponsive.

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears.

You could also try wiping the system cache partition, which doesn't erase any personal data.

Steps for both can be found here: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10404

ghobs

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

hey i did try wiping the cache partition and turned on safe mode on but both didn't do anything my video player is still unresponsive but thank you very much for the help.
i tried watching a video while on safemode but the screen is still unresponsive.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Does the 3rd party video player work? Do you have this problem no matter which video you try to play? If it's only with one specific video, that file might be corrupted.

ghobs

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

yes i installed both VLC and MX player both works perfectly and yeah i tried it with a few videos i downloaded and a video i took with my phone. the screens still unresponsive. it will play but i cant scrub the video or adjust the volume with the slider. is there any other fix you could tell me? it happened before the software update and i updated. thought it would be fixed but it didnt

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Did you get any recent system updates? I wonder if the update messed up somehow. You could try reinstalling the firmware using either Kies 3 or Smart Switch.

ghobs

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site

i did get the system update but my video player got busted before that, i thought the system update mightve fixed it but it didnt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol