Why can't I delete pictures?

A

AC Question

Can't delete pictures

My new galaxy 5 somehow downloaded every picture that I have ever posted on Facebook and Google+, some are duplicates, and I cannot delete them! When I have tapped the top right corner, opened the delete mode and tried to 'click' on the photos it says it is an unsupported file. When I open up the pictures individually and tap the top right corner it doesn't even bring up a delete option. I really, REALLY don't need all my memory used up with this junk - please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't delete pictures

Welcome to Android Central! It's almost certainly not downloading the full photos to your phone, but rather syncing with those accounts to show you the thumbnails, and allow you to see the photos and download them individually if you choose. The thumbnails are locally stored, though, so those do take some space, but typically not that much.

If you really don't want that information synced, go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and uncheck Gallery, Picasa, and/or Google Photos. This will unsync your photos stored in your Google Photos cloud, so they should no longer appear in your Gallery app or your Photos app.

Also, go to Settings>Accounts-Facebook and Settings>Accounts-Samsung, and uncheck anything there that may be related to the Facebook photos or Google Photos.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad